Leased lines are used by companies, or even individuals, to access the internet as they provide a guaranteed level of service and speed, offering fast data transfer over a completely secure connection at a price that can be cost effective for very heavy internet users.
Typically, leased lines are used by businesses to connect geographically distant offices. Unlike dial-up connections, a leased line is always a high quality guaranteed performance service. The fee for the connection is a fixed monthly rate. The primary factors affecting the monthly fee are distance between end points and the speed of the circuit. Because the connection does not carry anybody else’s communications, the carrier can assure a given level of quality.
- High / Flexible Speeds and Bandwidth: users can have the option to choose their required bandwidth and connection speeds that would work best for their businesses.
- Guaranteed Speeds: unlike traditional broadband that is shared with commercial and residential users, businesses are guaranteed consistent speeds through their dedicated internet connections.
- Higher Security: the dedicated line is more secure giving reliable protection and security for mission critical data such as proprietary information and financial data.
- Greater Reliability: guaranteed fix times and higher availability.
- Private and secure connection.
- Direct, symmetrical, and uncontended speeds.
- High reliability.
- High resiliency and minimal outages.
- Wide choice of speeds.
- Allows dependable in-house office web hosting.